Day 38: it takes time to come down

Day 38:

Day 38: back to Johnny Foxes bar, Inverness. Bussed it back along the A99/A9 on the X99 bus which until now I've been carefully avoiding on the roads. The weather was kind to me in Scotland and I was lucky; today the road walking was a soaked affair with limited visibility - very dangerous. I sympathise with any brave soul trying their luck today. Anyway, that's over now. I don't need to stay stone cold sober 24/7 to stay sharp. I can relax. Or try to. Let me put it this way: I looked at myself in the mirror on Saturday at JoG: a scared wide-eyed witness of a horrific incident stared back. The following morning I looked more relaxed, more normal. It takes time to come down from that. So - B&B on Ardross Street tonight, airport tomorrow and homeward bound. I miss home. As they say, home is where the heart is. But before that happens, a few pints...


A note about the blog

I must be the only LEJOGer without a smart phone. This means I don't have the ability to update this blog when I'm on the trail. My support team back home kindly offered to update the blog for me, so this will be communicated by text message and written up on my behalf. It will therefore be brief and without photos. I will expand on this when I get back from my journal entries, dictaphone recordings and photo journal. The detailed account will be published as a book which will be available on Amazon.

Charity

Thank you to everyone who has made a donation to Helping Hands for the Blind, a respectable local charity. You can make a donation here. Using Gift Aid, the charity is able to claim an additional percentage of each donation from the government as part of the Gift Aid scheme.  

While I am not tracking how much has been raised, the charity themselves may wish to do that; leaving a note with your donation such as "LEJOG" will help them do that. To be frank, it's more important that they receive donations than it is for me to take credit; they're actually doing something important whereas I am going on what could be described as a holiday.

My books

Lastly and leastly, I am an independent author. Writing is a pleasure even if reading it isn't! I will write an account of my LEJOG journey in the form of a book which hopefully will encourage other people to give LEJOG a try (and probably discourage many more). If you want a copy, the first batch will be given free of charge. Ask and you shall receive...

My other books are available on Amazon:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO USE POSTE RESTANTE (U.K.)

LEJOG - the route

Kit for a thousand mile walk